Monday 25 August 2008

Hello

Hello and welcome to our blog.

My Name is Isaac and I am from Wales in the UK. I am part of a small group that is going to cycle from John O Groats in the north west of Scotland to the South western most tip of Cornwall, Land's End for charity in the summer of 2009. That is over 1000 miles and should take us about 19 days doing about 60 miles a day.

This blog has been created so we can show you what progress we are making in organizing the trip and eventually showing you our journey across Britain.

I am going to be joined on this trip by Kieran and a few others (they will introduce themselves when they are sure to be going.)

This trip first came to thought on the 26th of August when Kieran and I were talking on msn about wanting to cycle around the world when I mentioned cycling down Great Britain and we both agreed this would be a better start. We both then began to look into it and it turned from a passing comment into a real trip.

Where we are at now.

We are still in the early stages of planning the trip, Kieran and I don't even have a bike yet. (I will have a new bike by late October.) I have done some basic costing of the trip which will be posted above. As for the route we are going to take, I am going to become a member of the CTC which have a route which we can follow. You can find that here.


Isaac

No comments: